Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tying the Knot- Bridesmaid Ask

It's been quite a while since my last post and there is definitely lots to talk about!

1. My FINAL semester of grad school is underway. Woop woop! I can't wait to have a break from research and paper writing.  However, I've had the weird feeling that maybe I should get my Doctorate. Alexandra Burbach, PhD.?!? Who knows!

2. I got engaged on January 4th! (See sparkly ring pic below)


Since then a majority of my conversations have consisted of: Have you set a date? Where will it be? Do you have a dress? So obviously I've been on a search to get the answers my friends and family are seeking! With the reception hall booked (Holiday Inn in Minot) and date set (November 30, 2013- yes that is Thanksgiving weekend, no we are not having a Thanksgiving theme), I'm on to the next step- Asking my girls to help me "Tie the Knot!"

I found the idea here on the "dear LC" blog:

DIY "Will you Help Me Tie the Knot" Jewelry Boxes

LC's DIY includes a link to a printable template however I made my own.  Instructions are below.

Materials:

-Colored Cardstock (I used silver and gold metallic because those are my wedding colors)
-Paper Trimmer
-Hole Punch
-Spray Adhesive
-3.5" square jewlery box (I ordered mine from Amazon.com, here's the link: Jewelry Box
-Wire Ribbon
-Bracelet or Necklace of Choice
-Tape

Top of the Box:

1.  You can use LC's template or create your own. I created mine in a simple Word document.  Silver text is the font Modern No. 20 and the gold is Cursif. Trim around text.  The smaller piece is 3.0' x 1.75". Attach  to larger 3.5" square with spray adhesive.
2.  Hole punch two holes about 1/2" apart.



4.  Cut 12" piece of ribbon.  Tie a bow.
5.  Secure square to the top of the box with spray adhesive.

Inside of the Box:

1.  Trim around text.  My square is 3.25"x3.25".


2.  Hole punch two holes to fit your braclet/necklace.
3.  Secure bracelet/necklace to card stock with tape. Tah dah!



This was a very easy (and might I say cute!) way to ask my girls to be a part of my day. As you can see I customized one for my maid of honor and did the same for my personal attendants.

More wedding posts to come!

Cheers~

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment